THE JETTY BUILD PROCESS
PROJECT DESIGN TO BUILDING COMPLETION
Your jetty started with a vision. A few rough drawings around the kitchen table. Images of easy access in any weather in your head. We can help you bring it to reality.
Pier Two undertakes private and commercial jetty and wharf builds, jetty refurbishment and other foreshore construction including:
- Fixed Jetties
- Wharf Rebuilds
- Floating pontoon additions
- Modular docks
- Floating platforms & gangways
- Project design & planning
- Engineer referrals
- Resource & Building Consent applications
We can help to rebuild your existing jetty, maximising the existing structure, while minimising demolition and expensive removal & remote disposal cost.
Working with local engineers, we manage the entire project, from initial concepts to finished consented plans, from material specification to pile driving, right through to the final bollard screw and site clean up.
As your jetty designers and builders, we will take the pain away from renovating or replacing your existing jetty structure. We will draft and submit your Marlborough District Council Resource Consent application without the delays you might experience elsewhere.
We also undertake scheduled jetty maintenance, and operate a structured review and reporting regime for jetty owners, advising and pricing any upcoming or scheduled maintenance tasks. This is for our own builds and existing jetties. Ask us about this quarterly service.
Resource Consent – Coastal Permits
A Checklist for Jetty Applications
Any local foreshore construction for jetties is required to meet Marlborough District Council bylaws. At Pier Two, we can assist with completion of all required information, and make recommendations for local engineers and other supporting parties.
We have documents to assist you to update any shared ownership details, affected persons approval, and for other mandatory information. We are here to help make the process as smooth and efficient as possible.
Renovation or replacement of your existing jetty requires (at a minimum):
- a new application for a Resource Consent – Coastal Permit for each structure with detailed description supporting the application,
- a Building Consent (Band F fees),
- full structure details and measurements,
- accurate site plan or drawings (and photographs if existing) of the proposed foreshore structure,
- an inspection report if for an existing jetty, detailing all remedial work and maintenance work required to keep the jetty fit for purpose,
- an assessment of RMA-related effects on the environment and NZ Coastal Plan policy,
- Coastal Permit details for any related moorings,
- Affected Party approvals, and
- Other supporting documents as may be sought by MDC.
In the meantime, talk to Pier Two, your Marlborough Sounds jetty builders.
We operate in the Pelorus Sound, Queen Charlotte Sound/Tōtaranui, across the Marlborough region, and we can take on projects in other parts of New Zealand also.